This week's word is brought to you by the Platen project.

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

Platen \Plat"en\, n. [F. platine, fr. plat flat. See Plate, and cf. Platin.] (Mach.) The part of a printing press which presses the paper against the type and by which the impression is made.

No comments: