2003-02-09

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.

UPDATE 2003-10-08: Please note that I am not claiming copyright to this text. One of the comments to this entry pointed out that it appeared that I was. That is an artifact of the Movable Type weblog system applying my copyright to everything, even if I don't intend it to. I posted this to the weblog becuase I find it amusing, and I thought others who read the weblog would, too.

Additional notes:

I first encountered “blinkenlights” when I was working for the Office of Instructional Technology at The University of Michigan. I printed it out and hung it by our office file and print server. The next time I encountered it was the blinkenlights entry in the jargon file (actually I saw it in the print version -- The New Hacker's Dictionary).

I just noticed that there is a nice photo of a c. 1950 engraved version there now, too.

Oh. And one more thing: the book is Copyright © 1996 Eric S. Raymond, even though he is referred to as the “compiler” rather than the “author”...

No comments: